Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today’s text

Matthew 13:44-46


'The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which someone has found; he hides it again, goes off in his joy, sells everything he owns and buys the field. 'Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls; when he finds one of great value he goes and sells everything he owns and buys it.

Prayer

We all give our substance for something, Jesus. We surrender what is of lesser value to possess life, or at least what our heart imagines will give us life. But if we don’t have you, our desires have taken us on a road to nowhere.

You are the treasure in the field. You are the pearl of great price. You are the life of all that lives. You are the satisfaction of our heart’s desire.

To belong to you, to your rule, is dwell in the embrace of the Love from whom all things burst into being. It is to know satisfaction for the soul’s restless craving for more.

I can never know you enough. I remain ever dissatisfied--and will, until every part of me is saturated with the knowledge of you.

Lead me. Take my feet to the places where I meet and know you as well as this soul can. I grow weary of the longing for more, more love, more life, more hope, more freedom, more of you. Take me there and give me the unfettered freedom to throw my life into your embrace.

My heart craves a treasure not made with hands. And there is still so much I have yet to give you before I can truly live. How the heart aches to be given away for that which is true treasure.

Pr. David L. Miller

No comments: